Tuesday 19 June 2012

Hi and Welcome to Stamp Stop


Stamp Stop will be show casing thousands of interesting and unusual stamps from around the world. We will be travelling the globe, as well as the world of history, art, graphics and imagery. Stamp Stop will appeal not only to stamp collectors out there, but also graphic designers, historians, art students and anyone who enjoys and appreciates amazing pieces of art work.


This stamp collection has been handed down to me by my father Arturo Oscar Fiteni who was an avid stamp collector. He travelled the world for decades as a salesman and accumulated thousands of stamps! For the past fifteen years these stamps have been sitting in my cupboard collecting dust and I have been pondering what to do with them. From time to time my husband Paul, has retrieved them and flicked through. Being an artist and jeweller he always appreciated the design elements in these old stamps. The idea of sharing them with the world appealed and Stamp Stop was born! This blog is in honour of my father. I hope you enjoy it.


Sit back and enjoy these visual masterpieces and we look forward to your comments, Antonia Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment